You are starting a business in this economy?!!@$##!!!

As anyone knows starting anything new can be overwhelming and certainly starting it in the midst of a major transition can be even crazier, but here I am. Crazier than ever, but never happier. And, as a very good friend acknowledge my madness in starting a new business, mind you its small, but just the same, keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Amen to that.

The idea of the Resale business had been buzzing around in my head for years. I was never sure how to start it, not sure if I could manage it, but I knew if I had a place that didn’t have overhead and that could be a weekend thing it would be a great way to start and slowly move into something more permanent. And if it really was something I was good at and would make a decent amount of money. Hey who knows? And, as we all know with the magic of the internet a business doesn’t necessarily have to be a “standing location”, but can be a combination of several things. I’ll find out where and what fits best.

I also knew that with my illness of “can’t walk by a good deal” and “oh but that would make someone a good gift” it would be a great opportunity to recycle some of those really cool items. As I continue to sort through my inventory I have realize that I really like fabrics, especially old, antique, and handmade. Also, the more funky (not as in tattered and smelly), old school, Mediterranean, and crafty the better. So, I’ve decided to focus on those types of items, like quilts, embroidered pillow cases, aprons, coverlets, towels, Mexican blankets – great for outdoor concert, woven pillow cases and funky fabric, yarns and frames that can be used for great crafting. But in the meantime, I still have lots of other things that need to be sold, like garden pots, mosaic outdoor tables, cocktail tables, yarn, bags, books, colorful sweaters and various other fun items like old jugs, furniture that I’ve saved (saved is a kind word for hoarding).

This week I plan to take pictures of some of the items I mentioned above, including old handmade quilts and Afghans and post them. Take a look, you may find that there is an item or two that would make a great gift for yourself or a family and friend. And, if you would like to stop by for a glass of wine on a Friday and/or Saturday and take a look and shop! Just give me a call at 503.284.4972.

Stay tuned. I’m having fun I hope you will too. And, my kids think it is a pretty cool idea. I couldn’t get a better confirmation than that.

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment